Sunday, September 20, 2009

Todd and Gina's Excellent Adventure: Part #1


The other day I got a terrific email from Canadian journalist Todd Babiak. (Then again, how bad could any email be if it starts "Dear Julie, I love your blog"?)

It turns out that Todd, his wife Gina and their two daughters are spending a year in Provence...and Todd is writing about their adventures for a chain of daily newspapers back in Canada. I read Todd's first column and knew immediately I wanted to share it. You can read it by clicking HERE. Start with the video at the top of the page...it gives you the backstory.

Todd's column will appear weekly in Canada and, hopefully, on Provence Post as well. If you'd like to know more about Todd and his work, go to www.toddbabiak.com or email him: toddbabiak@shaw.ca.

Meanwhile, I hope you enjoy this first installment as much as I did!

Avia (left), Esmé (middle) and Gina Babiak in the Roman ruins of Vaison-la-Romaine. Photo by Todd Babiak.

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful! As a fellow Canadian, I will love to read this. Clever guy, one way to live in France.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, that was funny - and smart. Canadians! I look forward to more of these. Thanks for this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopefully " the adventures of Todd, Gina and daughters" will get better as they settle down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the adevntures of expat and to learn how foreigners see France

    ReplyDelete