Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Anthony Bourdain Hits Provence

Anthony Bourdain and his No Reservations TV crew were in Provence recently, filming a lovely episode that's airing on the Travel Channel in the US this week. If you catch it, you see well-known local faces such as Jean and Cecile Chancel (Chateau Val Joanis), Anne Daguin and Hermann Van Beeck (Petite Duc) and artist Jeanne Bayol, who restores old gypsy caravans and makes exquisite one-of-a-kind clothing and accessories. The video clip is no longer online but you can see info and photos from the episode here

To see more about Bourdain in Provence--including video clips, snapshots, addresses and more --click here.

To follow him on Twitter, click here.

Photo: Anthony (second from left) with the Sunday morning gang at Bar du Marche in St. Remy.

13 comments:

  1. Anthony Bourdain is a favourite chef of mine and we went to his luncheon when he was out in NZ.
    Signed our both books of his, and such a neat guy.
    Had not heard anything of him, for a while.

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew it was on, but missed it! I'll download on ITunes to my IPod to watch again and again! Thanks for posting this...

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK I have to admitt that the guy seems brutal, but what a pleasure to see Provence like that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll check out the links. I have one of his books I want to read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw this episode and it was great. He seemed really humbled in Provence and it was a nice change.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julie!
    I love Anthony Bourdain!!!!
    I want will click on your link. We are in the middle of Antiques week and are very busy at the shop so my blogging has been neglected.... Yours it looking good! I always try to find time to check in!!!!Maryanne xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for posting, I'll go watch..

    xx

    Kit

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun. I always enjoy Tony's show. You can never tell what he's going to do or say.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  9. We adore Anthony Bourdain in our house! We always thought it would be fun to see him have a show in Provence. I'll have to check this out...

    ReplyDelete
  10. What was the pasta dish Tony made for his diviner guest?

    ReplyDelete
  11. What's the name of the song on the beginning of the episode while Anthony is talking about Provence? In this song you can probably hear accordion. Please reply !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Julie!
    I love Anthony Bourdain!!!!
    I want will click on your link. We are in the middle of Antiques week and are very busy at the shop so my blogging has been neglected.... Corteiz

    ReplyDelete