Wednesday, October 28, 2009

SWF Seeks Date for El Bulli

So is this the next big foodie romantic comedy waiting to happen or what?
Jules Clancy is a cookbook author and food blogger in Sydney, Australia and the type of girl who plans her holidays around restaurant reservations. "I'm always thinking about my next meal and have excellent table manners!" she says.
More than a year ago, Jules and her boyfriend somehow got themselves a reservation at chef Ferran Adria's Michelin three-star El Bulli on the Costa Brava in Catalonia--thought by many to be the best restaurant in the world. They made plans for a trip to Spain and dinner on December 15th.

It's notoriously difficult to snag a table at El Bulli: in 2008 there were more than 2 million requests for 8000 reservations.

Then then the couple broke up--and Jules got custody of the reservation. "Last month, sadly, the Irishman and I parted ways," Jules wrote on her blog. "And so I found myself with a ticket to Spain, a reservation at the best restaurant in the world--and no one to share it with."
So Jules has decided to hold a competition to find herself a blind date for the evening. To enter, you email her (jules@thestonesoup.com) and tell her why you would be her best dinner companion. "Points will be given for humor and creativity," she says. The deadline is Sunday November 15th. For all the details, click here: thestonesoup.com/blog/2009/10/help-jules-find-a-date-for-el-bulli/

Bon Chance and Bon Appetit!

4 comments:

  1. This is such a wonderful story - looking forward to following it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Love it ... I too look forward to seeing how this unfolds. I'm sure it will be a ton of fun and who knows? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. My entry has been submitted. This is the greatest contest I have ever entered.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terrific idea. I hope she will have a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete