Monday, September 20, 2010

Today I Would Go to Provence, France...

"If I had no obligations and a private jet suddenly appeared at my front door...where would I go today? Today I would go to Provence, France, mais oui..."

Donna Mulholland is an artist and watercolor journalist who lives in Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada. This drawing, of her dream to fly to Provence, is part of an "in flight"- themed sketchbook that Donna is producing for the Brooklyn Art Library’s “Sketchbook Project 2011.” She writes: "It truly is a dream of mine to go to Provence, perhaps to paint in the wonderful light! I need to get moving on this dream...” For more info about the fabulous Sketchbook Project ("...like a concert tour but with sketchbooks...") click here. To see more of Donna's sketches and paintings, visit her blog here. You can also see her on Flickr. Meanwhile, I say we need to put our heads together and help Donna get to Provence. Anyone?

3 comments:

  1. To my mind, it's a pity (anachronistic, to say the least) that a lover of Provence should evoke the idea of going there in a private jet! Why not, rather, on a donkey?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will come with you on the jet!!

    Oh and come see....I have a Giveaway by the French Basketeer that I think you will love!

    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello to every one - hope yous had a great time - iv blew 3 months of dieting in one day ha , all the best for the comming year -
    micky buely

    ReplyDelete