Saturday, March 6, 2010

Feel Like You're Being Watched?

A cloud-free southern Europe was photographed from space in early March, with Spain (lower left), France (center), Switzerland (upper right) and Italy (lower right) all visible. Four mountain chains are clearly distinguishable: the Alps, Jura, Pyrenees and Massif Central. The western portion of the Alps is visible (bottom right) on the border of France and Italy. The Jura Mountains, north-west of the Alps, are also snow covered. The Pyrenees (bottom left) form the natural border between France and Spain (with the country of Andorra in between). The photograph came from the European Space Agency and their site has many more cool images of France to explore. Thanks to Craig McGinty of This French Life for the heads up on these stunning photos.

Photograph: Meris/ESA

5 comments:

  1. Bonjour Julie,
    Such an incredible image - what an increfible world we live in!
    Bon weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool site. The picture with your imagination could be many things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Julie, what an an amazing image, It is so interesting to see the contours of the world from space.

    I love your blog, I am based in South West France, at the foothills of the Pyrenees, but my Belle Mère lives in Provence, we go over to visit her frequently, I love to check you blog, to see whats new. I have put it into Belle Mères favourites, as she found it really informative. Keep up the excellent work. XX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just one second to tell you how much I love your blog, always have from the second I found it. Why I didn't leave a comment to say so, I don't know. I'm a slug.

    I'm thrilled to be a small part of your wonderful world.

    And will from now on become a dedicated fan instead of a pass-by visitor.

    Warm regards,
    Tish

    ReplyDelete