Saturday, December 11, 2010

Kit Golson’s Design Tour de France

One of the many super-cool people I've met in the blogosphere is Kit Golson, a California-based interior designer who's crazy passionate about Provence. And now Kit tells me she's leading a Design Tour of Provence over Easter: April 22 to 27. If I didn't already live here, I'd sign up for this trip for sure. And I'm totally planning to schlep along one day if the gorgeous-and-talented Kit lets me.  

The five-day tour includes the Foire Internationale des Antiques et Brocante (the second largest antiques market in all of France), a private cooking class, a decorative arts class, work with a digital photography coach, market visits, plenty of shopping, sightseeing, fabulous meals with local wines, a Mercedes van to run around in and accommodations in an 18th-century villa. I mean, come on...is there anything in that list we don't love?

And get this: everything you buy will be safely shipped home for you. (If you've ever shipped things home from France, you know what a laugh riot that can be.)

So what else? You'll see Avignon, St. Remy with its ancient Roman village and famous "Van Gogh hospital," the village of Apt, the gorgeous ochre mines of Roussillon, those famous prehistoric dwellings called bories and much more. And all in five days, so wear comfy shoes is my best advice. Late April is a wonderful time to visit Provence. 

You can find all the info on Kit's blog Chic Provence and email her with questions too: kit@kitgolson.com. Kit has a big following online (and in real life too, from what I can tell), so if you're interested, I'd hop to it--I think this tour will sell out quickly. 

2 comments:

  1. The second biggest antiques fair in France?! I want to go, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog calls to my francophile heart! Glad I found you :)

    ReplyDelete